If you're seeing this message you should install Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, or Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 if you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7. Our website and many others will look much better if you're running a modern web browser on your computer.

Starting Services


In An Emergency Calling the Access Center Calling CARE MI Health Link Members

Facing a Mental Health Crisis ?

If you or someone you care about is experiencing a psychiatric/ behavioral health emergency, seek help right away.  In an emergency, go to the nearest hospital with a psychiatric care unit. These hospitals contract with MCCMH to provide emergency services:

Harbor Oaks Hospital, New Baltimore:        586-725-5777

Stonecrest Center, Detroit:                           313-245-0649

Behavioral Center of Michigan, Warren:     586-261-2266

Havenwyck Hospital, Auburn Hills:             248-373-9200

Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital, Ferndale: 248-398-3200

St. John Hospital System

     Warren:                                                     586-573-5244

     Madison Hts.:                                            248-967-7660

     Detroit:                                                      313-343-7000

St. John Providence, Southfield:                  248-849-3000

If you are experiencing an emergency and you are not sure that you need to go to the hospital, call our Crisis Center for help sorting it out.  The Crisis Center is available at 586-307-9100. If you require TTY assistance please use the Michigan Relay Center (dial 711 on your phone), more information about the Michigan Relay Center can be found here.

Hospital Care

In some situations, hospital care may be needed to stabilize a crisis.  Hospital care may be needed if a person is at immediate risk of harming him/herself or someone else, or if the person's lack of understanding about the need for treatment places him or her at immediate risk of harm.  Some examples might be if a person makes a threat to hurt themselves or someone else, or if the person stops bathing or eating, if they stop taking medications to manage a psychiatric condition, or if they take excessive risks.

If you think hospital care may be needed, or if you aren't sure, call Open Access.  We will help you sort it out, and we will help arrange hospital care if it is needed.

Henry Ford Macomb, Mt. Clemens Campus

215 N. Ave., Mt. Clemens 48043


(586) 466-9895